“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
Food is something that constitutes a major part of our lives. To put things under the radar of statistics, an average American spends 67 minutes per day eating and drinking beverages. Summed up together, he spends a staggering 32,098 hours eating and drinking beverages in their lifetime according to a study conducted in the US. Our body needs fuel to function, which is food. The three principal origins of this nourishment are carbohydrates, protein, and fat. Whenever the body needs energy, it converts it to glucose and the excess is stocked away as fat for later utilization. So your dietary regimen should essentially be consisting of healthy foods that comprise of carbohydrate, protein which will help your blood glucose to not a rocket and keep your weight under scrutiny.
Everything that we are eating is an important factor to our being in some way or the other. The nutrients that we need for our well-being are present in the food we consume; namely, meat, fish, vegetables, fruits and so on. The energy that is contained in every food item is calculated in calories. If a food article contains more calories, this means it provides with more energy, like chocolates.
With every passing hour, man is becoming prone to be unhealthy. With the availability of canned food, it is becoming all the more important to “be healthy” and to have a well-balanced diet to achieve that well-being. There are a lot of reasons for which you should think of switching to a healthy diet scheme. Some of it is discussed below, the others, I leave it to you to experiment and find out.
Benefits to Healthy Eating:
- It provides us with the energy we need to live and lead a healthy life.
- It ensures healthy growth at a steady pace.
- It makes your blood sugar level to reach the optimum level, neither too high nor too low.
- It controls your weight.
- It doesn’t lead to the accumulation of fat in your body, preventing any kind of heart diseases.
- It keeps all the machinery in your body in perfect condition.
- It also prevents ailments such as diabetes and other health problems followed by it.
- It prevents Alzheimer’s disease.
Eating right is as important as sleeping well or taking a bath. Any kind of deviation from the normal and you are encountered with numerous diseases and health issues such as heart disease, diabetes, overweight and obesity, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, and some types of cancers. At a primary level, it affects our diurnal capabilities by affecting concentration and work performance.
This summarises the health implications in adults. For children, it can affect their proper growth and development.
It is very important to start thinking and eating healthy as soon as possible for every human being. So where do we start? Organic food seems to be a great kick start to your health regime. To understand organic food better, read along. You can browse http://www.stylebuzzer.com to get more info about it.
Organic Foods and their Benefits:
Organic foods are foods that are produced using organic methods of farming and with limited modern synthetic inputs such as synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers. Now the concept of organic food online has made it easy for you to purchase the best quality organic food with just a click of the mouse. The benefits of this type of food are as follows:
- It contains a much less percentage of pesticides. Statistically put up to 70% of pesticides which appear in conventional food are banned in the production of organic food.
- Organic food does not use any synthetic additives in the production process as compared to conventional food available in the market. They do not contain artificial food colors and flavors, preservatives, nitrates and sulfites, artificial sweeteners or monosodium glutamate (MSG). Natural preservatives and sweeteners such as honey and grape juice are used.
- The nutrient content is organic food is comparatively much higher than in normal food organic such as salicylic acid, Vitamin C, iron, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous.
- Many times, the cattle are injected with growth hormones so that they become inflated, much faster and deliver more meat. Organically reared cattle do not have antibiotics or growth hormones used on it and they are allowed to grow and develop at their own pace and own size.
- Organic farmers do not use GE seeds or irradiation methods. They, instead, good for crop rotation to make the soil richer and more fertile.
The price of organic foods online can be a bit of an issue. So it’s better to start with picking out those items that are needed regularly- milk, meat, bread, eggs, fruit and vegetables, and when you can afford it, slip into an all-organic diet.