Our teeth are equally important like other organs. They need proper maintenance and care to stay healthy. Many people suffer from severe teeth problems. Periodontitis is an infection in the gums that destroy the attachment fiber that helps in holding teeth in the jawline.
With the rising technology, there are advancements going on in every field and dentistry is not separable from this. LANAP (Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure) is a surgical procedure used to cure Periodontitis. Dentists in Manhasset NY provides you with the best LANAP services.
Using the LANAP procedure one can regenerate the tissues lost due to gum diseases. It is the fast recovery process as compared to the other traditional gum surgeries.
Following are the steps which are followed in the LANAP procedure:
- Firstly periodontal pocket is measured through which the dentist ensures the depth of separation of tissues from teeth.
- Then with the help of laser light periodontal pocket is sterilized. Laser light removes the germs from the pocket.
- With the help of scalers, the calculus is removed from the root of the teeth.
- Then again laser light is used to remove the bacteria and to form a layer for clotting. The tissue is compressed with the teeth bones lastly.
North Shore dentists provide you the detailed description about the LANAP procedure if you are suffering from the severe gum problems. There some benefits of the LANAP procedure over the traditional surgical methods, some of them are hereunder:
- This is a less painful procedure to follow as compared to the traditional teeth surgery.
- In traditional dental surgery there are cuts and stitches on the teeth but using LANAP procedure there is no need for sutures.
- It gives faster recovery as compared to the earlier dental surgery procedures.
- In this procedure, there is a requirement of minimal care as compared to the traditional surgery methods.
- Cost of the LANAP surgery is less as compared to the traditional gum surgeries. This method is more effective also.
Most people ignore the importance of oral hygiene and just focus on other health issues. But it is a matter of concern. People are unaware about the origin of the teeth and gum problems so it is required to maintain proper oral hygiene to prevent the problems of gums. You should visit your dentist timely to maintain good oral health.
Read this post here so that you can know better about the benefits of the laser gum treatment. Hope this article helps you to understand the LANAP procedure.